Some of us know about the Omegaverse trope and some may have never heard of it. If it’s new to you then I suggest hopping over to my other blog post titled “Omegaverse Explained” to get a quick briefing before you read this post.
For those ready to get into the best part of Omegaverse, this is it. Similar to the M/M and M/F pairings’ journey, F/F also originated in the fanfiction fandoms and is now moving into the publishing market. And we’ll start with what makes F/F different than the other types.
First is the Omegas…
This one is easy. Often times the Omegas are divided between male and female versions. The male variant has both male (sometimes limited) and female reproductive abilities and yes, can become pregnant. The female version strictly has a female reproduction system.
In the F/F, the Omega is always the female variant.
Second is the Alpha…
Now things get complicated so bear with me. Just like the Omega, the Alphas have both male and female versions. For the male, they are similar to male humans in anatomy except they often have a larger penis and form a knot at the base, for mating their partner. Now for the female, there are a wide variety of variations but the most common is that they typically have some form of a penis and able to impregnate their partner.
In F/F, the Alpha is nearly always the female variant. But let’s get into the nitty gritty details about the female Alpha.
Again, there are lots of variations on how an author describes a female Alpha. But often times the female Alpha has a vagina and an internal, retractable penis that grows during arousal then will retract after mating. Their testicles are internal. Another version is that they have no penis but a “member” that swells from the clitoris itself.
A third version is that the female Alpha always has a penis, like the male Alphas. Depending on the writer, the female Alpha’s penis may be smaller than a male Alpha.
One other important feature is whether or not a female Alpha can or can’t get pregnant themselves. Most times the answer is no. But in some versions, it is possible but highly risky.
Last Important Topic… Terms!
A lot of these terms are commonly found throughout the Omegaverse. First three terms are specifically related to F/F Omegaverse.
- F/F: Female/Female pairing.
- Fempreg (fpreg): Short for female pregnancy. A female character becomes pregnant due to F/F sex.
- G!P: Short for “girl penis”, which denotes that a feminine character has a penis.
- Knotting: When the Alpha forms a ring or knot at the base of their penis then pushes it into the Omega, locking them together for a period of time.
- Marking or Bonding Bite: A permanent bite mark on an Alpha or Omega’s lower neck that marks them as mated.
- Heat: An intense sexual urge for Omegas. They are overwhelmed with the need to mate and become pregnant. Heats can last for several days and occur occasionally or be triggered by an Alpha.
- Rut: An intense sexual urge for Alphas. Similar to Omegas, an Alpha is driven to mate and impregnate an Omega. Ruts last for days and occur occasionally or can be triggered by an Omega. Alphas tend to be extra aggressive during a rut.
- Nesting: At times, Omegas are written as nesters where they create a nest, usually blankets, where they’re safe and comfortable. It can also mean they’re preparing to get pregnant and have a baby.
- Pup: Another word for a baby or child.
- Mpreg: Short for “male pregnancy”. Typically, this is a male Omega that becomes pregnant.
- Slick: A clear substance that an Omega (and sometimes Alphas) secrete during sex that acts as a lubricant.
- Dubcon: Short for “dubious consent” and refers to sexual consent being unclear and is left ambiguous.
- Noncon: Short for “non-consent” and refers to sexual consent not being given by a character(s).
7 thoughts on “F/F Omegaverse & Terms”
Is there any straight omegaverses
Yes. There is M/F and M/M Omegaverse as well. Most, but not all, M/F Omegaverse tends to be dark romance i.e. dubious consent (dub-con) and non-consent (non-con). Some also get into RH (reverse harem) trope. For M/F Omegaverse, I know of Zoey Ellis, Nora Ash, Eva Dresden, Merel Pierce, Liv Lane, Leann Ryans, and loads more I’m certain. Unfortunately, I can’t recc any as I don’t read much in M/F Omegaverse. But I will recommend to make sure you double-check whether or not the books are dub-con or non-con before reading them, in case that’s not your cup of tea. If you go to Amazon, searched: M/F Omegaverse
Hope that helps! ☺
“Again, there are lots of variations on how an author describes a female Alpha. 1-But often times the female Alpha has a vagina and an internal, retractable penis that grows during arousal then will retract after mating. Their testicles are internal. 2-Another version is that they have no penis but a “member” that swells from the clitoris itself.
3-A third version is that the female Alpha always has a penis, like the male Alphas. Depending on the writer, the female Alpha’s penis may be smaller than a male Alpha.”
So which trait are your females? I’m about to add your books and the books on your recommendation list onto my own ‘to buy’ list. I write fanfiction and even though I knew about this world, I wasn’t aware of this side of the world and I’m really loving what I’m finding, although the stories are hard to find. I may check out the Once Upon of Time fanfiction that you have on your other recommendation list. Eventually, I’d like to start my own work but for now, I simply want to read, enjoy, and learn about this universe.
Nonetheless, in your stories, are your alpha females 1, 2, 3, of how you described them on how they can/could be.
My current two series have female Alphas with a g!p full time. However, it doesn’t mean all my books/characters will stick to that theme. If you need more deets about it, my blog post here: https://lexaluthor.com/2020/01/20/so-is-it-really-f-f/ get’s into about the female Alpha and particularly the female Alpha, Kal, in The Alpha God series. I hope that helps! ☺️